Country specific search results: How to

edited October 2011 in SEO
<br />    Hello,<br /><br />    as we know when we search something from a country say IND, we gets the results from sites specific to IND at the top few.<br /><br />    likewise if i want that my site will get the top result in a country say US, while i am living in IND, what should i do for it, should i host my site on server located in US, or any page link etc.<br /><br />    that means i want that my site will look like made for targeting the users in US specifically.<br /><br />    that doesn't mean that i do not want top results in other countries or in my own country IND, but my priority is US.<br /><br />    Please help me to know how could i achieve that.<br /><br />    Thanks. <br />

Comments

• This is mostly possible on Google Search Engine. To priorities your site for search results in a given domain (country), you need to have a Google webmaster account and you need to verify the site. Then follow the following process:<br /><br />1) Click on the site on the Google Webmaster home to access its webmaster admin area<br />2) Click on 'Site Configuration' to reveal a drop down menu<br />3) On the drop down menu, Click 'Settings', you will notice that 'Geographic target', default to US<br />4) Select the 'target users in' option, and select the domain you want<br />5) Click the save button<br /><br />Now your site will be prioritised for search in the given domain. Note that this could take several weeks. Also note that your site will also appear in other domain.
    The Truth is Out There.
  • I completely agree with above comment.