Release of UTME Results - Valid Advice for JAMB

Soon JAMB will officially release UTME 2011 results some are expecting it this week others are expecting it next week at least before Friday, July 1, 2011. However, whenever the UTME 2011 result is released JAMB should put everything in place to reduce the pain in checking JAMB UTME 2011 results. Based on my experience of following JAMB examinations over the past two years, I have some useful advice for JAMB.<br /><br />First, JAMB must ensure that all available UTME 2011 results are uploaded to the database before announcement or at most 8 hours after the announcement of the UTME result. This is to ensure that candidates do not get the popular but dreaded record not found or record does not exist result.<br /><br />Secondly, JAMB must ensure that every UTME result uploaded to the database is valid, properly vetted, and final. That is to say that a candidate's UTME result should not change once it is announced by JAMB. For example last year some UTME candidates reported that their result went from say 'two hundred and something' to withheld. That means that after celebrating their UTME results some candidates ended-up in grief. We got up to three complaints last year. These were those that came to our blog and made comments, showing that this may have affected dozens if not hundreds of UTME candidates in 2010. So, JAMB must ensure that UTME results that are not final are not uploaded to the database.<br /><br />Thirdly, UTME candidates whose results for whatever reason are not available should be provided with an intelligent response by the UTME result checker application when they attempt to access their results. For example, if a result is withheld, JAMB should provide info on why and what line of action such candidate should take if he/she feels aggrieved. Also candidates with incomplete or missing UTME results should be properly informed by the JAMB UTME 2011 result checker application. Providing a candidate with one or incomplete result without informing him/her of what happened to the rest is simply wicked. So, JAMB must ensure that the result checker application is as intelligent and user friendly as possible.<br /><br />Finally, JAMB should also anticipate a spike in traffic during this period so they should order for more server processing capacity and bandwidth so that JAMB UTME candidates will not spend hours checking UTME results that should ordinarily take seconds. This is the number one complaint of UTME candidates in 2010 and JAMB must take it very serious.<br /><br />So, this is it, you can also add more advice for JAMB based on your experience. Remember the focus is on checking results, so do not skip topic, PLEASE.<br /><br />JAMB 2012 Result<br />
The Truth is Out There.

Comments

• Last year (2010) my brother who leaves in lagos travelled to Ibadan 2 days before the UTME examination to check out his centre, he aslo stayed in a hotel that was next door to the school that was his centre so that he would get to his centre early. on the day of the exam he was one of the people that got to the school early long before the school invigilators and Jamb officials got there. the exams started very late and the materials provided by Jamb for the candidates to use was of inferior quality especially the calculator and my brother is a science student so u can imagine how he struggled.<br />finally when the results came out and we checked his result online what was displayed on the screen was "YOU CANNOT SEE YOUR RESULT BECAUSE YOU CAME LATE TO THE EXAMINATION CENTRE".<br /><br />This year (2011) his centre was in Ikotun, Lagos. he left home (Lekki) by 5am and got to the centre by 6:45am. the school invigilators and Jamb officials were late again and even when they came the exam started some minutes past 10am instead of 7:00am.<br />when the results came out i checked, guess what this time it say "YOU CANNOT SEE YOUR RESULT BEACAUSE YOU WERE ABSENT FROM THE EXAMINATION".<br /><br />This is really fustrating to my  brother and us his family because for 2 years now Jamb has denied him any oppurtunity of getting admission into a university because he does not have a Jamb result.